A Wheel Alignment Improves Handling, Saves Money on Tires & Suspension System Repairs
What if every time you took a step forward, you took a half-step sideways? In a way, that’s what happens when your car or truck needs a wheel alignment. If your vehicle’s wheels don’t point in the same direction, it affects handling, chews up your tires, and batters your suspension system.
That’s why it’s a good idea to have your alignment checked periodically by a professional and every time you buy new tires.
Why Wheel Alignments Are Important
- Safety - A wheel alignment corrects steering problems, such as pulling to one side, and tire contact issues. If your tires don’t make good contact with the pavement, you lose ride control.
- Tire Life - Tires are expensive. They last longer when they wear evenly. A wheel alignment and regular tire rotations prevent premature wear. Patterns that indicate you need a vertical alignment include tread wear on the inside or outside edges.
- Fuel Efficiency - A wheel alignment can significantly improve your fuel efficiency, because your wheels no longer fight each other for directional control.
- Preventative Maintenance - Problems with steering and alignment impact the suspension system and vice versa. By keeping your wheels properly aligned, you avoid damage and premature wear of suspension components. In fact, your vehicle might need new shocks or struts—which affect ride height—before a technician can properly perform an alignment.
Symptoms Your Vehicle May Need A Wheel Alignment
- Pulling to one side or the other.
- Wandering on a level, straight road.
- Shuddering or wheel vibration, usually felt in the steering wheel.
- Uneven tire wear.
- Crooked steering wheel.
How Your Wheels Got Out of Alignment
- Rough shoulders
- Normal wear of steering and suspension components
See the Wheel Alignment, Steering & Suspension Experts
Request an appointment online or stop by your local Tread Quarters for a FREE wheel alignment and steering inspection. We are open evenings, weekends, and most holidays with same day appointments available.
+2010 Honda Accord. Dealer price based on dealer phone shops.
*National Highway Transportation Safety Administration brochure DOT HS 809 361, available at www.nhtsa.gov.